"Archbishop Paul Saliba said God had many ways of revealing himself and he had no doubt that was what was happening in Guildford, in Sydney's west.
"Thousands of people have been flocking to the home of George and Lina Tannous after oil and ash started appearing in the bedroom of their late son Mike.
"'I've been there many times and we cannot pinpoint exactly what's happening. It is miraculous," Father Saliba yesterday told The Daily Telegraph.
"'Our church policy is that people have to look and see for themselves and make up their own minds and this takes time.
"'When the people of the church come to a conclusion, then the church will comment.'"
Full article here.
"Look and see for themselves"?
"Make up their own minds"?
"Come to a conclusion"?
Is this how truth is affirmed, then? By people examining something and then deciding if they will call it true?
And the church in question will only issue a release based on the consensus?
So in this case, truth relies on numbers.
I don't know about you, but I need a more concrete, reliable truth than something that can be influenced by how many people show up to take a look, who ate what for lunch, and who just got into a fight with his mother-in-law.
I believe with all my heart that my God works miracles.
I believe that He will not share His glory with anyone.
And I believe that He has given us not only brains, but discernment, so that we don't have to decide if something is true or not, we can know if we ask Him.
Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment